Proposed Rulemaking and Regulations
- Alternative Whistleblower System Regulations: 2 CCR § 61300-61320
- Redistricting Regulations: 2 CCR § 60800-60863
- State High Risk Program: 2 CCR § 61000-61024
- Local Government High Risk Program: 2 CCR § 61100-61140
- California Healthcare, Research, and Prevention Tobacco Tax Act of 2016: 2 CCR § 61200-61240
Tobacco Tax Funds Received
The California State Auditor's Office (office) receives up to $400,000 annually from the California Healthcare, Research and Prevention Tobacco Tax Act of 2016 Fund (funds) to reimburse the cost of conducting audit work on a biennial basis of the state and local agencies' use of fund money. (Rev. & Tax. Code, §§ 30130.56 and 30130.57.) The table below is a summary of the funds that our office received and spent since fiscal year 2017-2018, as required by Revenue and Taxation Code section 30130.56, subdivision (c). Please note, as of April 2022, our office has not obligated any funds for future expenditures.
|Fiscal Year||Amount Received||Amount Spent||Activity|
|2017-2018||$400,000||$0||Incurred no expenses—returned amount to the Department of Finance.*|
|2018-2019||$400,000||$0||Incurred no expenses—returned amount to the Department of Finance.*|
*In fiscal year 2019-20, the Department of Finance returned a total of $800,000 to the California Healthcare, Research and Prevention Tobacco Tax Act of 2016 Fund for redistribution to other Proposition 56 recipients as the State Auditor did not incur expenses in fiscal years 2017-2018 and 2018-2019.