Notice of Intention to Amend
NOTICE OF INTENTION TO AMEND THE CONFLICT OF INTEREST CODE
OF THE CALIFORNIA STATE AUDITOR'S OFFICE
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the California State Auditor's Office, pursuant to the authority vested in it by section 87306 of the Government Code, proposes amendment to its conflict of interest code. A comment period has been established commencing on October 22, 2022 and closing on December 5, 2022. All inquiries should be directed to the contact listed below.
The California State Auditor's Office proposes to amend its conflict of interest code to include employee positions that involve the making or participation in the making of decisions that may foreseeably have a material effect on any financial interest, as set forth in subdivision (a) of section 87302 of the Government Code. The amendment carries out the purposes of the law and no other alternative would do so and be less burdensome to affected persons.
Changes to the conflict of interest code include:
- The addition of five new classifications to the list of designated positions.
- Updating six designated position titles to correctly reflect the classification titles.
- Deletion of one designated position no longer used by the California State Auditor's Office.
- Nonsubstantive, clarifying changes to the disclosure categories.
- Minor revisions to the filing language.
- Other technical changes.
Agencies please choose one option:
The proposed amendment and explanation of the reasons can be obtained from the agency's contact.
X Information on the code amendment is available on the agency's intranet site and/or attached to this email.
Any interested person may submit written comments relating to the proposed amendment by submitting them no later than December 5, 2022, or at the conclusion of the public hearing, if requested, whichever comes later. At this time, no public hearing is scheduled. A person may request a hearing no later than November 21, 2022.
The California State Auditor's Office has determined that the proposed amendments:
- Impose no mandate on local agencies or school districts.
- Impose no costs or savings on any state agency.
- Impose no costs on any local agency or school district that are required to be reimbursed under Part 7 (commencing with Section 17500) of Division 4 of Title 2 of the Government Code.
- Will not result in any nondiscretionary costs or savings to local agencies.
- Will not result in any costs or savings in federal funding to the state.
- Will not have any potential cost impact on private persons, businesses or small businesses.
All inquiries concerning this proposed amendment and any communication required by this notice should be directed to: Brianna Behnoud, Staff Services Manager I, (916) 445-0255, email@example.com.